Webinar: Driving innovations in healthcare with 5G and Smart Networks
5G-IA and NetWorld2020 are hosting a webinar on 22.10.2020 to help define short and mid-term priorities for the adoption of 5G and smart networks in healthcare.
Senior medical professionals and experts from the telecommunications industry are coming together in a constructive dialogue to discuss on-going trials and pilots in healthcare using 5G technologies.
Taking stock of the benefits and expected impacts from these early pilots, the panellists will engage in a discussion on future priorities with a view to fostering further public and private investments in the sector, defining future research and innovation focus, with end-user validation high on the agenda.
- Prof. Maziar Nekovee, University of Sussex and Vice-Chair of NetWorld2020 ETP
- Dr Raffaele De Peppe, 5G PPP Board Member and Chair of the 5G-IA Verticals Task Force
- Stephanie Parker, Trust-IT and FULL5G
Healthcare session including human, clinical and technical perspectives from health specialists and practitioners:
- Prof. Dr Med. Christoph Thuemmler, Clinician at Helios Klinikum Leipzig & 5G Health Association: Benefits of 5G and on-going pilots
- Dr Med. Sabina Magalini, Senior Surgeon, Gemelli University Hospital: Human-centric cybersecurity in healthcare and frontline experiences in COVID-19
- Dr Priyantha Jayawardane, Deputy Director, Digital Innovation Unit - NHS Midlands and Lancashire: Perspectives on 5G from national healthcare service provider
5G differentiators and enablers session:
- Ju Liu, Huawei: 5G Differentiators for the Health sector
- Donal Morris, CEO, RedZinc: SME solution provider - Early and planned trials and pilots
- Prof. Maziar Nekovee, University of Sussex and Vice-Chair of NetWorld2020 ETP: Connected Care experience and the way forward
Interactive Discussions: Breaking down the barriers to 5G adoption
- Insufficient awareness of 5G technologies.
- Investment costs.
- Costs versus benefits.
- Privacy and security concerns. GDPR issues.
- Roles of government and EU in overcoming the barriers.
Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_sfZtdJfHTkS-3L_gC1yekw